SIPPA (Students of IPPA)
SIPPA (Students of IPPA)
SIPPA (otherwise referred to as the Students of IPPA Division) is the student-focused Division of the International Positive Psychology Association (IPPA). This group was formed when IPPA founders and Board members desired and recognized a need to build community with the emerging voices of students and the next generation of leaders and innovators in the positive psychology field.
This Division aims to create a community for likeminded students of positive psychology around the world by facilitating networking, collaboration, and mentorship, and through delivery of created or curated educational opportunities and professional development programs.
SIPPA focuses on meeting these priorities by:
- Promoting and developing programs to help students around the world to further their studies, enhance their knowledge base, and learn new things that will help advance their education and careers.
- Providing a supportive atmosphere for connecting students to other students, practitioners, scholars and academics, and researchers working to advance research and evidence-based applications in the field of positive psychology.
SIPPA offers many benefits to students, including:
- All of the same Professional member benefits, including:
- Invitations to register for the Positive Psychology Leader Series webinars to learn directly from experts in the field.
- Access to the IPPA Learning Library, featuring hundreds of archived presentations on various research and application topics in positive psychology
- Networking and discussion in an online member community.
- Plus additional benefits exclusive for students, including:
- Help with research, clinical work, and professional development through our international community (with fellow members from more than 70 countries around the world).
- SIPPA’s Career and Professional Development Series – a webinar series that explores the career journeys of leading experts in the field of positive psychology, to glean learning and tips for student members looking to travel a similar path. It’s focused on students and young professionals and guides them through the process of career development. Each webinar concludes with a period of live questions from students that will focus on life after study, publishing, and on conferences, future study options, and more.
- Opportunity to practice presenting your work in the Student Speaker Series – SIPPA’s Student Speaker Series celebrates the student experience and perspective through live online interviews and presentations with students who are making an impact in the field of positive psychology. The Series will provide an opportunity for students to learn from one another, as well as to build speaking and presentation skills in front of an international community.
- And, of course, Scholarship opportunities exclusive for SIPPA.
As a member of SIPPA (students who are enrolled full-time and in good standing within an accredited, University-sponsored, degree-granted program), you get a voice in the future of positive psychology.