Goals of Positive Psychology
The goal of positive psychology is not to replace therapies and interventions that center on coping with or healing from negative experiences, but instead to expand the protocols and processes for helping people to focus on what they do well and enable those individuals to thrive.
Some of the primary goals of Positive Psychology are to enable:
- Families and schools to encourage children to flourish
- Workplaces to foster satisfaction and high productivity
- Communities to encourage civic engagement and connectedness
- Therapists and clinicians to nurture their patients’ strengths and goals
- Dissemination of interventions in schools, organizations, and communities