University of Pennsylvania
A major in the field of Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania under the pioneership of Martin Seligman, the founder of Positive Psychology was just not the end to my passion in excelling in this field. More
At a professional level I took a leadership role as being promoted on the post of being a director for the Emirates Center for happiness research, UAE which is currently a very growing and promising platform in research and capacity building in the field of wellbeing. I have initiated, lead and supervised various research and innovative projects that not only promote wellbeing and positivity in the UAE University where this center is based but also in the United Arab Emirates. Following are my achievements:
• My first initiative apart from research was the Wellbeing Officer program aimed at empowering faculty and staff members to promote wellbeing at workplace.
• Happiness and Wellbeing Course and Wellbeing Society: Empowered students to know more about the science of wellbeing
• Mattering at workplace initiative was aimed for directors to understand how integrating the science of wellbeing can enhance the employee’s productivity.
• Happiness Research talk is a current ongoing project which provides researchers all over the world a platform to talk about their researches on wellbeing.
• 30 minutes for us is also an ongoing project where colleagues can meet and talk about topics related to wellbeing.
• I have used my voice to be a strong advocate for promoting wellbeing at many International and National forums as a speaker along with running my own Instagram page ‘I Matter”